Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Know It’s Early But…


I know it’s early and ten games is hardly a season, but I would like to point out that everyone in NY, the media, the analysts, the doom and gloom fans (you know who you are) had the Mets being the worst team since 1962. Well, I was reading a post on Metsblog today and saw the following tidbit:

“They are off to the fourth best start in club history at 7-3. They started 8-2 in 1972, 1985, and 2006.”

That’s a pretty darn good start. Hopefully, they keep inspiring, keep proving the naysayers wrong, humble the so-called “experts” and prove to the fans that they are worth watching. Ray Kinsella said it best in the movie Field of Dreams, “If you build it, he will come.” Every time the young guys do something it reminds me of why I love my team. Keep building Sandy, keep building and I’ll keep believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment